.270 Win Fast Twist= Needs Catchy Name

So its whole different cartridge with fast twist, longer barrel and longer throat. So why not give this old cartridge a catchy name for it. We have the .270AI so I think we need something to separate it from the standard cartridge. I am calling my new one .270 Heavy, got .270 Fatboy as suggestion. I am pretty sure the name was for the cartridge, I hope.

What do you think? PLEASE! No CM!
I think it should be improved. Blown out but with a 35° shoulder but keeping the neck the same length. Case capacity slightly above a 280ai. Twist of 7.5 or 8 to stabilize the 170 Berger or other new high bc .277 bullets. You know, something like the 6.8 western should have been. That disappointing unveiling could only be surpassed by Bangkok prostitute.
The 270 LRH (Long Range Hunter). Recoil between a 280ai and 7mag with slightly higher bc's and preformance.
So its whole different cartridge with fast twist, longer barrel and longer throat. So why not give this old cartridge a catchy name for it. We have the .270AI so I think we need something to separate it from the standard cartridge. I am calling my new one .270 Heavy, got .270 Fatboy as suggestion. I am pretty sure the name was for the cartridge, I hope.

Last edited:

I like the 270 Western. This is what I call my 270 WSM with a 7 1/2 twist. This is what the 6.8 Western should have been called.

@ SSG,..
Just put, a 1-8 Twist on, a .270 WSM and shoot, the "Heavies",.. IF, you want more,.. Powder, power and a sharper shoulder.
Winchester got, the .270 WSM, CASE, "Right" but without, the fast Twist, NEEDED for,.. the long Heavies !
The WSM is, a "Lazer" with 140's at around, 3,200 FPS and recoil is,.. "mangable" !
ALL, the Cartridge / Rifle, I "need" with, the 140 Berger, Cl Hunters, still going,.. OVER, 2,000 FPS at, 800 Yards !
But, then again, it's kinda Fun to,.. "Re-Invent, the Wheel",.. huh ??

Last edited: