270 Win. adn 7MM Rem. Mag. with Hammer Hunters

eric nelson

Looking for suggested loads for standard Winchester .270 in model 70 with 24"
Shooting Hammer Hunters 117 grain.
If you have info for 7MM Rem Mag. with Hammer Hunters a 131 grain. shooting a 24" Ruger. I would appreciate that also

I have read this forum for years. Never posted nor navigated through for specific questions. I find it difficult to locate specific info. I did go to Hammer website and got some info. If there is a easy way please advise. I have 3 gun safes full and have reloaded for 50 years. I help all the neighbors and family with their rifles and issues.
Thanks I appreciate your support

I am running 61.8 grains of H Super Performance with Federal 215M primers in W-W cases at 3405 FPS. Thats a Wby Mark V SBGM with a 24" barrel. I ran a ladder in .3 grain increments from 59.3 (3262FPS) to 62.0 grains (3410FPS). I did not find any pressure. I still have to stretch this out, 200 yard accuracy is at or just under .5MOA. Seated to mag length.

HI I shoot a Weatherby Mark V Ultralight 24 inch Stainless fluted barrel and a Win Model 70 Super grade also with a 24 inch blue steel barrel, both are Chambered in 270 Win. I use 59.5 Grns of H 4831 with 130 Grn Nosler Ballistic tips, in light Winchester cases , matched by weight, to 1/2 grain or LESS. Winchester LR Primers . This has been my Whitetail deer load for many years. I am so Pleased with it!!!! I have a friend with a Model 70 Featherweight Classic, 22 inch Barrel I think , and I load his hunting loads with IMR 4350 , also with 130 Grn Ballistic tips and Win LR Primers . Both loads are just a hair over 3000fps, and they work EXTREMLY well on West Virginia Whitetails. Never an exit hole. No Tracking required. Only Once, in 8 deer shot , have I needed a second shot because I'm a Dummy and at 72 years old I got excited and ran from the blind to see the buck I had just shot shot and he got up off the ground ,and bounded off, and I had to shoot again. Very Stupid of me !!! In the past 10 or 12 years we have both had several one shot kills where the deer never took another step. That's my .270 Win Deer Load story!!!

I am running 61.8 grains of H Super Performance with Federal 215M primers in W-W cases at 3405 FPS. Thats a Wby Mark V SBGM with a 24" barrel. I ran a ladder in .3 grain increments from 59.3 (3262FPS) to 62.0 grains (3410FPS). I did not find any pressure. I still have to stretch this out, 200 yard accuracy is at or just under .5MOA. Seated to mag length.
Might need to look into picking up some of that Superformance powder!