270 win 150gr Accubond LR

mcseal2

I should soon be getting my mountain gun I'm having built back. I shot out my Dad's old M70 Winchester so I'm having it re-barreled with a 1 in 10 Pac-Nor #3 fluted SS barrel, Pacific Tool floorplate, and B&C aluminum bedded stock. It isn't going to be a featherweight, but should come in under 8.5lbs ready to hunt with a Leupold CDS 4.5-14x40mm in Talley rings.

I got a box of the LR accubonds on the shelf waiting for the rifle to arrive. After I get it zeroed and the barrel broke in I'm hoping to find a good load with them. I hope to have time to get the set-up ready and get a turret back before a late October elk hunt. If not I'll be packing the trusty 264WM, but it's 2lbs heavier.

Anyone tried these bullets yet?

Thanks.

I should soon be getting my mountain gun I'm having built back. I shot out my Dad's old M70 Winchester so I'm having it re-barreled with a 1 in 10 Pac-Nor #3 fluted SS barrel, Pacific Tool floorplate, and B&C aluminum bedded stock. It isn't going to be a featherweight, but should come in under 8.5lbs ready to hunt with a Leupold CDS 4.5-14x40mm in Talley rings.

I got a box of the LR accubonds on the shelf waiting for the rifle to arrive. After I get it zeroed and the barrel broke in I'm hoping to find a good load with them. I hope to have time to get the set-up ready and get a turret back before a late October elk hunt. If not I'll be packing the trusty 264WM, but it's 2lbs heavier.

Anyone tried these bullets yet?

Thanks.

Gonna give em a whirl tomorrow. Model-70, 270WSM
Got 27 rounds (9 groups of 3) loaded for load work up with RL-22, plus foulers. We'll soon see if they like this combo or not. .015, & .020 off the lands.
Expecting 3000-3100 ish with a 24" barrel @ 88*F & 3800' ASL, depending on where the rifle tells me to stop.

WINMAG,

Cant wait to hear your findings with the 270WSM. I have the same gun and am ready to start loading these pills!!!

I've got some 210 accubond LRs to try in my 300 RUM. Anybody worked up a good load or had any positive results at a certain seating depth with these new "long range" accubonds (of any caliber)?

Would sure like to hear about it.

With Nosler 150gr Accubond Long Range bullets. I Got a white tail at 605yds last year and shot two 650lb pigs that I raised at 50 feet. 51grs of H4350 cci primers, federal brass. shooting out of a Sig 970SHR. The white tail went down where it stood, the two pigs shot between the eyes had their lungs turned to jelly. Not so much recoil, but the rifle is heavy.
So the bullets performed flawlessly at long range and short range. Velocity chronographed at 2780 fps and shoots 3 shot groups that fit in a dime at 100 yards. Very similar performance by the way as the 150 gr Nosler Partitions. They shoot to a different point of aim and a 3 shot group covers a quarter at 100 yds. I feel very comfortable using these bullets on anything that won't eat me. For those dangerous critters I'll go heavy, very heavy.

If you make the shot with an ABLR it will reliably do its part. One of the most effective LR options available. If I can make the ABLR shoot well it is one of my go-to's. As a side note, I have seen higher BCs from the 150gr ABLR using a 1:8 twist barrel on a 270. The adv G1 is .591 but I had to use .620 to match the actual flight path when switching to a 1:8 barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.