270 Weatherby

For anyone interested.......I have a 8tw rock creek carbon rem varmint contour barrel that has a max finish length of 26". Will be selling it along with 200x 175 matrix and 400x 170 bergers as a package deal next week after a I get home.

I have a Weatherby Mark V in .270 Weatherby Mag. # 2 26 inch Barrel. Purchased new in 1980. At that time I had it scoped with a Leupold 3.5X to 10 X Vari X 3 . Just wondering if any one out there has tried the the 150 Grn Nolser Accubond LR Bullets, and what you thought of them . I would think they would be a good Mule Deer Bullet out to about 500 yards in that rifle. I could easily switch out the scope and put one of my 4.5X to 14 X with 30mm main tube Vari X 3 on it . I killed a small Elk on my first Elk Hunt , in 1981 using the 150 grn . Grand Slams , which were popular back then. My load at that time was 67 Grains of H 4831 for 3100 fps according to the Hornady Load Manual Vol 2 . Any suggestions to bring me up to date ,are very welcome. Thanks Guys .
I used the 150gr in a .270win 51gr I4350 gave me 2884fps and killed a white tail at 605yds, Dropped in its tracks. Bullet stopped under the skin on the opposite side, good weight retention and mushroom. Did everything it was supposed to do and did it well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.