270 weatherby magnum

argeea

trying to find a load that will work for hornady 130 gr sp. been using RL19 68 to 70 gr but I think it could be better. wonder what most other shooters are using?

3 powders I use are H1000, RETUMBO & RE25. The latter is not as temp sensitive as the inter
I mainly run 150gr Partitions @ 3300fps, 140gr Accubonds @ 3350fps in mine. Mine is a switch barrel on a Win Model 70 EW action. Barrel is a Bartlein 1:10" 4 groove 28" job.

I prefer to run heavy bullets fast.

Cheers.

Imr 7828 for 130s. Work up for your rifle. I run 75.5 gr in wby brass, fed 215, 130 hornady interbond. Oal 3.350 3485 fps in pre64 mode 70 with 26inch barrel chambered with the standard weatherby freebore

My Father has a .270 Wby Magnum , Mark V , beautiful walnut stock , original thin tapered 26" barrel , that I have reloaded for him since 1976 .
Norma MRP powder ( slightly less than maximum Norma reloading guide charges that start at 69.8 gr. and max load of 72.8 gr.) , Fed 215 primers , 150 gr. Nosler Partitions and Ballistic Tip bullets @ 3308 FPS . NO pressure issues , and accuracy is always less than .75MOA .
I have never had any issues with temperature sensitivity .
I did open up the barrel channel to free-float the barrel .
If this rifle had a faster twist barrel to be able to shoot the newer high BC bullets , it would be capable at any distance .

DMP25-06

DMP 06 -
Great of you to help Pa out with his fine rifle. Since you load him up 150s check out new regular Accubond 150 grain. Totally assume bullet for the 270 Weatherby.

DMP 06 -
Great of you to help Pa out with his fine rifle. Since you load him up 150s check out new regular Accubond 150 grain. Totally assume bullet for the 270 Weatherby.

Draftmule ,

Thank you for the info about the original Accubond . I had always loaded the Partitions , and with MV at 3300+FPS , 600 - 700 yards was easily do-able .
The Mark V action is so smooth , trigger is adjustable and smooth , and the 54* bolt-lift is the quickest , shortest , bolt-throw available in any action , not to mention that the Mark V is probably the strongest action produced .

Dad has been gone a few years now , but his rifle is still with our family .

DMP25-06

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.