270 Weatherby Mag

I have a friend that has one and he started out using 130 Sierra and BTs. They did fine 200 yards and out in the bean fields he hunts but in closer the velocity was just too much for these bullets. The only shots he would take under 200 yards were if it was a trophy buck and then he neck shot it which almost blew it's head off. Only thing holding the head on was just a little bit of hide. Since those days he has either used one of the bonded bullets or a Barnes tipped. I believe he decided to go with one of the Accubonds, not sure which weight. I chose the 130 Accubond for my 264 Win mag for the above reason. It is a great bullet from 25 to a little over 500 yards so far for me.
Thanks for the information.

140 partitions over n560
145 eld-x and retumbo
150 long range accubond over n560
In my 270 bee these all easily shoot "minute of deer"

The eld-x was the easiest to load for me, didnt need to tinker with seating depth and really liked velocity
The eldx definitely seemed to have the lightest construction.
Pics are the eld x
Factory ultralightweight barrel
20180530_084655.jpg
20171009_120214.jpg

140 grain Ballistic tips and Accubonds. 130 grain Sciroccos and (glancing sheepishly over shoulder) 130 grain Spire point factory. I'm using a custom 700 and a factory Accu-Mark.

I mostly used 7828 because I have a ton of it, but needed an Australia available substitute. Ended up with H4831/ 2213; trajectory proved to be identical out to 700 contrary to what the books predicted.

Lol, like Tom Petty said "the waiting is the hardest part".

I'm waiting on a 1:8 27" Pac Nor for the 170gr Bergers. Can't find anyone else who makes a 1:8!
Never had a Pac Nor, hoping for the best.
I have a 1/8 Pacnor SuperMatch in 270 Weatherby Mag. Shoots 165Matrix great.

I have an old H series 270 Bee, circa 1989/90 anniversary present #2 barrel 10 twist would think it would be shot out as much as I have taken it out but with n560 and 140 ab nosler it keeps grouping and readily takes heavy pigs down to 400 yds. Deer even at 80 yds with tight behind the shoulder hits doesn't destroy much. Most just push through 1/4 inch exit drt. Have thought much on rebarrel with 8 twist Krieger? Or send it back to Weatherby for another chrome moly barrel if it is as deep blue as it came. I'm working on an impact action build have considered the 27 nosler with an 8 twist? Don't know If I would do a saami or a custom reamer with JGS.

The 270 Wby Mag is my favorite rifle of all time. My dad got it for me when I was 2 years old back when the old Bank of Boulder was giving them out with every new account opened at their bank (great marketing ploy that we'll never see again thanks to the crazy's like Michael Moore). It's got the lazermark stock and has it's share of battle scars all with a story to tell. I shot it so much over the years that I shot out the barrel. Just had it re-barreled a couple years ago. The gun always seemed to like 130 grain bullets the best and the new barrel is no exception. Barnes, Nosler and now Hornady Interbonds and/or SST's.

The 270 Wby Mag is my favorite rifle of all time. My dad got it for me when I was 2 years old back when the old Bank of Boulder was giving them out with every new account opened at their bank (great marketing ploy that we'll never see again thanks to the crazy's like Michael Moore). It's got the lazermark stock and has it's share of battle scars all with a story to tell. I shot it so much over the years that I shot out the barrel. Just had it re-barreled a couple years ago. The gun always seemed to like 130 grain bullets the best and the new barrel is no exception. Barnes, Nosler and now Hornady Interbonds and/or SST's.
Which barrel did you go with? Did Weatherby do the barrel?

Which barrel did you go with? Did Weatherby do the barrel?
I didn't send the rifle back to Weatherby; rather, my local gunsmith did all the work and put a Shilen barrel on it. Before my groups started to go to pot when the barrel started to go, that gun was a tack driver. Now that it's re-barreled, can't say it shoots any better than it did back in it's hay day, but its back to cloverleaf groups again. The first barrel lasted 45 years, so I should never have to worry about re-barreling it again in my lifetime.

The 270win is we're my love for the caliber started. It was the baddest caliber in our house as a kid. Shot my first elk w/ one in the 7th grade.
My buddies had a 270Bee and I wanted one bad. When the 270WSM came out I forgot about the Bee and got one, that doesn't mean I still don't want one. It's a heck of cartridge.
The only Weatherby I ever owned was a 340.
That was about the time muzzle breaks where fairly new. I got rid of it, recoil was insane.
It was easy to load for though

I didn't send the rifle back to Weatherby; rather, my local gunsmith did all the work and put a Shilen barrel on it. Before my groups started to go to pot when the barrel started to go, that gun was a tack driver. Now that it's re-barreled, can't say it shoots any better than it did back in it's hay day, but its back to cloverleaf groups again. The first barrel lasted 45 years, so I should never have to worry about re-barreling it again in my lifetime.
What conture 2-3?

I believe it's the magnum sporter contour. I wasn't worried about the weight since I have other rifles to use in those types of situations.