270 Weatherby Mag

Mine shot very well with the Berger 150gr VLDH and H1000. Big Az mule deer drop in their tracks. Used it as a backup on my elk hunts. I bought it used for a very low price, it's now in for a new barrel.

I really like the performance of Nosler 150gr Partitions in mine, BUT, for thin skinned game, I get great results with the Speer 130gr Hot Cor or Nosler 130gr Ballistic Tips.
You need a strong bullet for the velocities this cartridge produces, I had many failures with Hornady bullets inside of 100mtr on pigs.
Powders I use are RE22, RE25, H1000 & Retumbo.

Great cartridge choice BTW.

Cheers.
:)

Mine shot very well with the Berger 150gr VLDH and H1000. Big Az mule deer drop in their tracks. Used it as a backup on my elk hunts. I bought it used for a very low price, it's now in for a new barrel.
Just curious what barrel and twist are you installing ?

I have a friend that has one and he started out using 130 Sierra and BTs. They did fine 200 yards and out in the bean fields he hunts but in closer the velocity was just too much for these bullets. The only shots he would take under 200 yards were if it was a trophy buck and then he neck shot it which almost blew it's head off. Only thing holding the head on was just a little bit of hide. Since those days he has either used one of the bonded bullets or a Barnes tipped. I believe he decided to go with one of the Accubonds, not sure which weight. I chose the 130 Accubond for my 264 Win mag for the above reason. It is a great bullet from 25 to a little over 500 yards so far for me.

I think that 1-8" certainly opens up a few possibilities.

I have no experience with Pac-Nor, but modern machining tends to produce good barrels, and wait time is standard with all of them.

I really like the performance of Nosler 150gr Partitions in mine, BUT, for thin skinned game, I get great results with the Speer 130gr Hot Cor or Nosler 130gr Ballistic Tips.
You need a strong bullet for the velocities this cartridge produces, I had many failures with Hornady bullets inside of 100mtr on pigs.
Powders I use are RE22, RE25, H1000 & Retumbo.

Great cartridge choice BTW.

Cheers.
:)
Thanks for the information