.270 weatherby load help

Hello to all. I'm new to this form. I've never reloaded before but I'm wanting to get into it. I'm looking at reloading for my .270wtby. I'm hunting deer here in the good ol southern state of tennessee. I'm looking at trying the 150gr berger hunting vld or the 140gr nosler accubond. My shots are from 20yrs to 400yds. Any advice on a beginner on reloading and which bullet will fit my needs. I thank you all in advance.

If memory serves me, I'm running 67 grains IMR 7828, behind the 140 accubond. Shooting a MK5 sporter. I probably shot my best group with this, but have never been able to duplicate it.

One of my loads uses the 140 accubond , 71.0 gr IMR 7828ssc , fed gm215m, 3.280 OAL, and has been going 0.3-0.5 MOA

I keep finding my weatherbys are more accurate run fast . Still not done tinkering with this load .

T Hunter, my .270 WBY likes H 1000 and the 150 Berger VLD. Shot the 140 Berger VLD well with H 4831SC also. Mark V sporter bedded B&C medalist stock. Good luck

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.