.270 TI or 6.5 Rem Mag custom

Blacktail

Have the opportunity to pick up either one. The TI is one of the original not alaskan and is factory. the 6.5 is custom from Randy selby. I cant make up my mind the 6.5 is obviously going to be a bit more $. Looking for a good pack rifle for mule deer and blacktails. Any thoughts..thnx

I don't know anything about the 7 TI but I have a savage 110 with 26" varmit barrel in the 6.5 rem mag that is very close to my 264 mag.

wow i think this has a 24" barrel you pushing 130's out of the 6.5 i have never loaded for it would obviously have to pick up some dies and such for it. I have a .270 so the 6.5 is tempting although about 800 bucks more..

wow i think this has a 24" barrel you pushing 130's out of the 6.5 i have never loaded for it would obviously have to pick up some dies and such for it. I have a .270 so the 6.5 is tempting although about 800 bucks more..
NO $800 BUCKS
Buy a used savage long action mag action and a new 6.5 rem mag barrel from e r shaw for $150.00

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.