• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 270 STW Remington ***SPF***

Truc

I have for sale is an early model 700 Remington 278XXX serial #

McMillan Stock pillar bedded
26" Broughton Barrel w/ brake
125 Pieces Brass about 1/2 new
partial box 165 Matrix Bullets
200 150gr Sierra BTSP
100 150 Nosler Partitions
Bases and rings
scope not included
Barrel beside rifle not available
$1100 shipped conus

IMG_0710.jpg

Re: 270 STW Remington

I've had several asked if this action was trued and yes it was trued.

Number of rounds down the tube? Who did the work on this rifle and do you have any groups to show?

I bought the rifle used at Hendershots Gun Shop In Hagerstown, MD. They have a reputation for high end rifles, they did not know the round count. They could not tell me who smithed it. As far as groups I never took pics but could the next trip to the range. I will not lie, the life on the barrel is limited by how many I'm not sure but my guess is probably 500 rds.
Make no mistake this is not a gun you go out and shoot all day, if you want to do that go buy a 223.
This rifle shoots the 150 gr bullet at 3450 fps, w/ 80 gr of IMR 7828.

That was the reason i ask you all the right questions. I have a 25 and 7mm stw. This rifle just really interested me. Thank you for your honesty..

here is a pic of the bolt showing the trueing marks and lack of any pitting in the bolt face. The flash from my cell phone makes it look like brass in there but assure you there isn't any.
Even if the barrel was shot out, the stock, the trued action, the Redding bushing dies brass and bullets are worth more than I'm asking along w/ the three cartridge boxes

IMG_0713.jpg