270 SS model 70 help

6mm06guy

I built a 270 Sherman short mag on an older model 70 push/control feed, the problem is the gun doesn't extract properly. I assume it's because the rim on the ss is smaller than the original wsm case. Is there any easy fix to this?

Is it not grabbing the rim and pulling out the cartridge? Assuming that all bolts are same diameter, possibly trying a standard cartridge extractor that may need to be modified? By a competent gunsmith. May need to be re-hardened, not sure. All my M-70 chamber changes have been CRFs so no real experience from me on your set up. MGW shows 3 different extractors w/ only one for magnums so that would make me think extractor cut when chambering the barrel, but I don't know if PP/CRF uses extractor cut either.

Hopefully a gunsmith w/ WIN PP/CRF experience will chime in for you.

Is it not grabbing the rim and pulling out the cartridge? Assuming that all bolts are same diameter, possibly trying a standard cartridge extractor that may need to be modified? By a competent gunsmith. May need to be re-hardened, not sure. All my M-70 chamber changes have been CRFs so no real experience from me on your set up. MGW shows 3 different extractors w/ only one for magnums so that would make me think extractor cut when chambering the barrel, but I don't know if PP/CRF uses extractor cut either.

Hopefully a gunsmith w/ WIN PP/CRF experience will chime in for you.
It pulls it out every time, but it drops it about 1/2 way back.