270 Solids Experience

StanleyActual

Well I ordered a 20" 1:8T McGowrn barrel for my Pre-64 M70 and will either keep the original 270 chambering or possibly go 270 WSM. This will end up being my primary close to mid range 0-600-ish hunting rifle. 7Max be more for LR Hunting.

Looking at running the 150gn BD2's but I'm also looking hard at the Hammers. Hard pressed to find a better killer from what I've seen here

Anyone have any experience with either of them in a 270?

Appreciate your input

We used the 145 Shock Hammers with good success.

As my comfort level increases with the lighter/faster bullets the 117 HH is next on my .277 list.

Your 1-8" gives you a lot of versatility. Glad to see an old school rifle get a face lift.

We used the 145 Shock Hammers with good success.

As my comfort level increases with the lighter/faster bullets the 117 HH is next on my .277 list.

Your 1-8" gives you a lot of versatility. Glad to see an old school rifle get a face lift.

Thank you man! I was eyeballing those 156gn and 140gn HH's. I'll check the SH's out too

YeaI'm pretty excited about this build. I've built a few precision rifles, but this is the first M70. It's a classic and still to this day, you're hard pressed to find a smoother running action. Can't beat em