270 Sherman Load data

Oh no problem I've been playing with 160 matrix in my 6.5 Sherman with great results. May not need to re barrel at this rate.
Wow you were not kidding you have long throat.
The guys who built mine gave me long throat I'm at 2:889 touching lands.

I'm getting 3030with 61.5 30 off landsneeds a little fine tuning. 61gr shot a 3/8 group at 185y first go around its 3011. I'm just loading up enough to try out and run over chrono. But they are showing promise. I'll be happy with a touch over 3000 with a 160 and if they shoot this good at 185 I'm sure they will do good out far.my 140 vlds held 1/2 or better from 200 out to 1000 made shooting real fun. I'm finding the matrix are way easier to get a load worked out than the VLDs though.

Nice! I almost went the 6.5 route, just decided I wanted something a little different and went with the 270. I'm happy with it though. 170's at 3100 are pretty good medicine. Loaded a bunch more for hunting season today and did a little shooting at 750. No group pics but a piece of 7 5/8" well casing was no problem.

Good luck! I've got a mule deer tag next month. I'll most likely have my wife and sister in law packing the Sherman though while I pack my 300 rum. We did good with the sherman last year. The big picture for that chambering on Rich's site is my wife with her first muley. Mine is down in the rest of the pictures.

It's older 570 stored proper and I have a newer jug that I have to drop 1.5 to ge same results. The new jug yields 3310and slight extractor marks.
Well at least I know I'll fit enough 570 in case.
The only issue I have right now is I'm a die hard benchmark fan and they only make 1-8.5 witch should be fine with 170s.

I think I have a Benchmark 1-8" 270 barrel sitting in my safe at home, I wanted to build a 270wsm on it to shoot the 170's but I never get around to it. If you want I'll check when I get home and let you know I'd sell it if you are interested.

That would be good no wait time but getting up to Can might be an issue.
I don't know what it takes to get gun parts to Canada, but I must apologize because the barrel is a Broughton not a benchmark. I just looked at the headstamp and it is a Broughton 5c 1-8.5" twist barrel, not a benchmark.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.