.270 good medicine

I'm a big fan of the 270 as well, it has given me everything I have ever ask . 44 years ago I bought my first 270 win and have owned several in that caliber and also the 270 wsm. In 1978 I purchased a model 70 Winchester that produced 1/2 inch 5 shot groups with 150 grain Sierra boattails . It proved to be fantastic on Muledeer and antelope , whitetails as well. I will always have a soft spot for the caliber.

This is in my wheelhouse also.
I am a elk/ sheep hunter- sheep, first of all and carry one of my .270's just about exclusively. I have now for 45 years and tried many others. These days a 150 grain bullet at 3000 fps from a 22" barrel is tough to beat, imo.

My first deer was killed in Adirondacks in 1968 with my first rifle Savage 110C in .270. Still have the rifle and swapped barrels out last year to 24" SS ER Shaw and shoots great even with walnut stock. SS barrel looks nice on blued receiver as well. Still first rifle I grab for local deer hunting. Just something about a 50+ year old rifle that grabs your heart.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.