270 AM Fire Forming?

97 gr of WC872 with a approx 3.620" OAL. I shot some of my best groups @ 100 yds w/these. The ES was quite high on alot of them, but would have no trouble killing a deer out to 700 or 800 yds w/them.

Time and weather have limited our load workup. It looks like fall has arrived here in OK, so tomorrow evening we are going to try things again when it's not 90 freakin' degrees outside.

Have a good one and let us know how it does!!

This is the same load me and BJ did so good with at pdog town. I popped a dog at 730yds with it and it was to easy. The fireforming loads are pretty dang accurate.

And the still pack enough thump to put down a 500lb steer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Take it easy
Steve

Yeah I ended up loading 94 gr of 872, seated at 3.675. I think for my Mountain Goat hunt that I will be on this weekend. I am going to use 104gr and 140gr Accubond seated at 3.675. Tonight I will shoot more of the fireform loads and I will report tomorrow along with some velocities.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.