270 800yard .514 MOA 3 shot group

Robbin

800yd_270_encore1.jpg

Not bad for an Encore huh.. I shoot .5 MOA with it to 400 on a regular basis.
130 grain Berger VLDs. It is an awesome gun. Bellm trigger job, Bergara Barrel with an ASI harmonic balancer on it.

Also shot 300RUM 6 shots in 8inchs 2 flyers because of flinching. Even with a muzzle break that thing KICKS. It shot MOA to 600. At 800 it was hitting MOA, but when missed, it was in FEET not inches, obviously the problem was the shooter, not the gun or ammo. 210 berger VLDS.

6.5X47 lapua, best group, under 3 inches at 600. Love that round.
140 grain Berger VLDs.

Shot several 308 ARs (REPR and FNAR), managed 1 to 1.5 MOA to 400, but really fell apart at 800.

Shot a lot, my two step sons came to town ready to shoot. We had a lot of fun.

That's pretty amazing shooting. I wish I could do that with my 270.
What's the specs on the load youre shooting?

Chris

Awesome!!! I love to see the Encore reaching out there. I took my new bellum creation to the range this weekend. 308 Bergara cut down to 15 inches fired in a pistol configuration. Which barrel do you have, the 24 or 28 inch?

That's pretty amazing shooting. I wish I could do that with my 270.
What's the specs on the load youre shooting?

Chris

I use very light neck tension (bushing neck dies) and 53 grains of RL-17 witn a 130 gr Berger VLD seated to touch the lands. I now use RL=17 on my 308, 25-06 and 6.5X47 Lapua which is what I bought it for.... I do everything to a case that you can do to it except sort by weight.

Awesome!!! I love to see the Encore reaching out there. I took my new bellum creation to the range this weekend. 308 Bergara cut down to 15 inches fired in a pistol configuration. Which barrel do you have, the 24 or 28 inch?

I have the 28 inch Bergara... I've got another one in the mail right now. A complete BLack Encore with gold battling bucks on the frame, Thumbhole stock, Stranton Custom trigger job and hanger bar on a 28 Match Grade Machine 6.5X47 Lapua tightneck chamber. Tracking says it will be here thursday! I'm like a kid waiting for christmas! I left something off, an ASI harmonic balancer, just like I've got on my 270! It's the MAGIC!

Last edited:
Just got my 28" Match Grade Machine 6mm-06AI in the mail the other day. Got my scope mounted and I'm fireforming cases and doing break-in. My Encore needs a trigger job though. Where should I get the work done?

Tom

Nice shooting, sounds like you enjoyed the time spent with your 2 step sons.

Road Dog

Go to Mike Bellums TC site. He has more knowledge than you can soak up. He will sell you the trigger kit and you can do it yourself. If I could do it anybody can.

Just got my 28" Match Grade Machine 6mm-06AI in the mail the other day. Got my scope mounted and I'm fireforming cases and doing break-in. My Encore needs a trigger job though. Where should I get the work done?

Tom

The trigger job on this gun was by Mike Bellm, Goggle him and you'll find his site. he knows more about Encores than anybody on the Planet.

However, the guys that run MGM are the sons of Stratton Custom, who does outstand encore work. My latest gun is his, trigger job and hanger bar with a barrel dropped off from MGM. 6.5X47 Lapua. Can't wait until Thursday!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts