270, 7mm, 300 WSM brass and bullets

briar rabbit

My Wife, Dad, Kids and Grand Kids are shooting the WSM in 270, 300, 7mm. Even though there has been no issues to date with someone having the wrong ammo, I was curios if anyone had a system to add a identifying mark (paint, etc) to the brass. I am trying to enhance common sense not make up for the lack of it. Might just be that I am getting more protective than what is needed...
Thanks

I shoot brass colored brass, my dad shoots nickel plated brass, and we make my cousin put a black belt around his with a marker, but theyre all 270wsm with loaded with 140gr Nosler Accubonds. My cousin actualy names his ''black belt bullets'' I call this one Jackie Chan, this ones Bruce Lee, thats Chuck Norris.....
Its hilarious to listen to him load his rifle:D

Your situation may be a bit different. A 7wsm wont (isnt supposed to be able to) fit in the 270wsm or 300wsm. Plus your 300wsm shouldnt be able to chamber in the other two. So aside from ''naming'' your ammo as some weird floks do........
Does everybody shoot the same style bullet, or can you load Nosler Accubonds in one (white tip) Hornary Innerbond's in another (red tip) and protected point Partitions in another for example?

It sure would keep the odd ''Hey, where's Van-Damm?'' questions out of hunting camp that way:D

I think I would pick up some sharpies and everyone gets their own color. Mark the cases wherever suits you. I do it all the time for load development or when I am sorting a big batch of loaded rounds for runout.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.