27 nosler

I'm a die hard 7mm guy. The guy that .270 enthusiasts don't like. Honestly though, the 27 Nosler has got to be the king of long range .277 cartridges. I hope too see it pick up in popularity.

I love my 27 Nosler. I understood when I got it that I was just adding 200 FPS over my fast twist 270 wby. I just can't seem to get better than 1" at 100 yds with my 27 Nosler load with Nosler 165 gr ABLR while my 270 wsm and 270 wby mag are under 1/2" @ 200 yds with zero issues. So I tried the 170 EOL and got instant 3/4" groups at 298 yds with no pressure signs. I will now start to push the velocity and max that out while still trying to stay under 1" at 300 yds. The 27 Nosler and 170 EOL have been phenomenal on game and my brother is borrowing it hunting axis deer at the moment so hopefully he will keep me updated. I told him I wanted to play with the load a bit more and he laughed " 3/4" at 300 yds for deer hunting?!" He told me to watch leaves fall from a tree lol he is currently shooting at 300 and out every 50 yds giving me the drop to mark my dial. I have a feeling I will get my rifle back needing a new barrel as it's at 250+ Rounds and counting. But so far game have been taken at 20 yds out to 525 with every single one flipping and kicking. In my humble opinion the 27 Nosler will do exactly what the 270 wsm and 270 wby can do just a little faster. But my main reason going with the 27 Nosler was because the brass and Bullets were super cheap, easy to get and it's an outstanding caliber for killing deer size animals. Aloha

I'm a die hard 7mm guy. The guy that .270 enthusiasts don't like. Honestly though, the 27 Nosler has got to be the king of long range .277 cartridges. I hope too see it pick up in popularity.
I have a 7mm WSM in a basically new ABolt, so yes I am a 7mm fan. I wanted to get a new long range hunting worthy barrel and stock but not many who work on a Bolts so thinking a new purchase. AND if I am going to get a new one then might as well go with a cartridge designed for the heavy for caliber bullets.