26Nosler vs. 6.5 PRC

anyone hunt with 26 nosler or 6.5 prc? looking for a new long range rifle and those are the two rounds i have in mind
My thoughts would be the PRC. The only reason I suggest this is because I'm afraid the only nosler cartridge that is going to stand the test of time is going to be the 28 nosler. Both are excellent but ammunition and components may get real hard to find for the mighty 26.

My thoughts would be the PRC. The only reason I suggest this is because I'm afraid the only nosler cartridge that is going to stand the test of time is going to be the 28 nosler. Both are excellent but ammunition and components may get real hard to find for the mighty 26.
The 30's and 33's are running fairly well though too. ;)

I use US 869 behind a 124 gr. Hammer Hunter @ 3457 FPS in a 26" barreled 26Nosler. Impacts on whitetails and a couple of antelope were quite impressive. I shoot a 6.5 PRC too, but it's a couple of pounds heavier and therefore more dedicated to the bench, or the occasional deer stand. There's no doubt I'm my mind, starting out some 300 FPS faster pays a dividend at the receiving end!

Any thoughts on us869?
On the prc? I'm not sure but I think probably to slow. Would be great in the noslers I bet.

The reason I went 26 instead of 28 or 6.5 prc?
I wanted an UNbraked gun that can kill an elk or mule deer and be lite. An umbraked light 28 seams punishing.

The prc on a short action with a big long berger didn't apeal. So I found the 26 nosler carbon barrel an a 16oz vortex razer hd. It's lite, fast and flat shooting.( 1200 yards in the retical)

If I need need something bigger I already have lapuas and ultras (with more weight though)

On the prc? I'm not sure but I think probably to slow. Would be great in the noslers I bet.

I wanted an UNbraked gun that can kill an elk or mule deer and be lite. An umbraked light 28 seams punishing.

The prc on a short action with a big long berger didn't apeal. So I found the 26 nosler carbon barrel an a 16oz vortex razer hd. It's lite, fast and flat shooting.( 1200 yards in the retical)

If I need need something bigger I already have lapuas and ultras (with more weight though)
No I was referring to the 26nos. I've tried a few powder/pill combination but really haven't been able to get to something I love. I finally found some H1000 and retumbo But can't even say if I bought it for the no's lol. Was just happy that I got some. Wondering if Vv N-160 (which I also hav) with a 140 could work?

how do you like the carbon barrel
??

how do you like the carbon barrel
??
The barrel is a xcaliber carbon wrapped. The first three shots I fired touched. I love it.
No I was referring to the 26nos. I've tried a few powder/pill combination but really haven't been able to get to something I love. I finally found some H1000 and retumbo But can't even say if I bought it for the no's lol. Was just happy that I got some. Wondering if Vv N-160 (which I also hav) with a 140 could work?
The reumbo would be my bet over the h1000. I read r33 and r50 as well as h50 are good. I like that the lrt stays available longer and is pretty good price on powdervalley. My lrt is not crunching with the Berger but it fills pretty good. Also I notice it doesn't heat the barrel as fast as the hodgdon stuff.

I have a 6.5PRC and when my bottom metal gets here a 28 Nosler to go with it. I killed my mule deer last year with the PRC and 143ELDX at 2970 with 57gr N565 out of a 24" barrel. That load shoots 1.2" 5 shot groups at 300 yards and hammered that muley.

I decided to build the 28 Nosler just because I've always wanted a 7mm something and it was an excuse to put together a new rifle, can't wait to see what it will do, but o agree with the others that barrel life vs speed increase in the 26 Nosler is a concern.