.264 with 130 gn Accubonds

bota

I have a Sendero SfII in .264, and I'm going to try Retumbo and 130gn Accubonds. Have you guys had any luck with this combo? I really like the 200gn accubonds in my 300rum, and would like to get these to work in the .264.

Thanks in advance.....Matt

You just happen to be in luck. Yes I use the 130 AB and Retumbo.
This is the load that works for me. 66.5 grs Retumbo, CCI 250 Primer, WW case reformed from 7mm Rem mag cases, 130 Nosler Accubond, OAL 3.450 which is 10 thousands off the lands in my rifle. 3350 fps.
My rifle is a Rem. 700 with a 27 3/4" CM Shilen #5 barrel. It will put 3 shots into about the same hole at 100 yards.
I used this combo for the first time this past deer season to take 4 deer from 98 to 275 yards. The first deer I shot was at 275 yards and it was on the ground so fast I had trouble finding it. It was in a huge soy bean field. All one shot dropped on the spot shots. I did actually recover one bullet. I shot a buck at 111 yards that was facing me with just a slight angle. I placed the bullet on the edge of it's left front shoulder. The bullet smashed the shoulder plate made soup out of the vitals and while cutting up the meat I found the bullet in the right ham. The bullet was a text book mushroom and weight was 87 grs. That bullet had to still be doing around 3200 fps on impact. For a bullet to be going that fast and do what it did and still hold together you might say it is about perfect. Good luck on your quest.

PS: Retumbo is the best powder for the 264 mag that I could find. I tried many more.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.