.264 win mag

They are hand loads. 62 grains Retumbo OAL 3.223 fed mag primers . getting higher vel then the book states for powder charge but I have NO PRESSURE signs.

I tried Retumbo in mine but I wanted to shoot the 120 bts and it didn't work so well.The 120s really pack a wollup in deer out to 400 yards.I would like to work up a load for something in 140 but it is not a priority right now.

What do you plan to use the partitions on?

A buddy of mine had one built (.264 AI) that shoots 6" five shot groups or less with a 31" bbl. consistently if he reads the wind good at 1,000 yds. gun) - - - - - - - - - - - - -

gt40

Hello there. After many years of shooting and hunting with 6.5's I have found a Savage 110L 264 that I have just procured. 6.5X54 Krag, 6.5 Japanese Carbine, and the Swede Mausers up to my Tikka M695 Master Trapper Whitetail Hunter in 6.5X55. Not to forget the M70 Winchester 6.5-06 that was great to load for and hunt with. I gathered that this particular rifle was bought by a right handed fellow who was unaware the Savage was a lefty so it hasn't been shot all that much. This will be my first Left handed Bolt rifle. It is being shipped out and I am getting some dies tout suite. Kind regards.

Im going to build a sporter 26" barrel on a pre 64 action. I ordered a Brux barrel. My question is on the reamer what neck dia. would be best for the current brass. Win. brass is measuring .015 and I am thinking .002-3 neck clearance. Does this sound right. That would make a .296-97 reamer.
My factory barrel measures .300 with loaded rounds at.294 with factory brass. 7 mag brass resized measures .288. (Ugh). these are Win. brass and .012 neck wall thickness. Lots of resizing going on with this brass.
I wished Nosler brass wasn't so expensive. If someone has some Nosler brass can you measure the wall thickness for me. It might be worth the extra money.
thanks elton

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.