.264 Win mag or 270 Weatherby mag. or 6.5 rpm ?

Well see, that's what makes these questions difficult to answer because now you tossed in the occasional target match. Which in that case none of those cartridges would be anyone's first choice.

You're looking for a unicorn rifle.
Probably not your kind of shooting match
There is satisfaction in building your own rifle , go for it and make it personalized. You can't go wrong on any of those choices .Good Luck and Merry Christmas
Thanks

Would like to hear your thoughts on these 3 calibers ! I want to build a hunting rifle that I can carry . Does not need to be a super lite weight! It will not be for target shooting . Find a load, sight in,use it for two or three hunts a year.Steel barrel is fine. I kinda like my carbon barreled rifle I have though. Your thoughts and responses appreciated
This boils down to personal preference and what void you are trying to fill. For me, between .264 WM and 6.5 RPM, I'd take the .264 WM. Between the .270 WBY and .264 WM, I'd take the .270 WBY.

This boils down to personal preference and what void you are trying to fill. For me, between .264 WM and 6.5 RPM, I'd take the .264 WM. Between the .270 WBY and .264 WM, I'd take the .270 WBY.
Thanks
Well see, that's what makes these questions difficult to answer because now you tossed in the occasional target match. Which in that case none of those cartridges would be anyone's first choice.

You're looking for a unicorn rifle.
You know I thought about your response for a while before answering. I have decided it would be best to not make a reply!

RPM. 140 bergers, or 124 Hammers. Either will kill anything in the lower 48 out to 600ish or better. I'd still build on a 6 lug weatherby, love that short throw.

I have a wildcat which uses a six lug Weatherby. It looks like a 7WeaMag necked up to 8mm. I use 7Rem Mag brass with the belt turned off and the rim turned down. It's a wildcat to the max!

RPM. 140 bergers, or 124 Hammers. Either will kill anything in the lower 48 out to 600ish or better. I'd still build on a 6 lug weatherby, love that short throw.
Tony I have considered that very thing as I have (2) 9 lug rifles now. That I am thinking of selling to fund this project!

Thanks Feenix

I shoot a 264 and have so for 22-23 years.. it's my do all, grab & go rifle. Coyotes, beavers, bears, whatever... probably got 3-4 moose to it's credit and I've lost count how many deer. That cartridge has been around since the earliest of days when belted magnums were first developed, it's a tried and true original through & through. I have no doubt whatsoever that the 264 will still be here in 25 more years yet.. not so sure about these other "fad" casings

So unless a guy wants a new rifle and a new caliber just for bragging rights amongst his buddies, that he's on the latest cutting edge of our current trendy market, my vote will always go 264

I shoot a 129ABLR @3250 through mine... benchmark 5r.. it's a one load rifle now by my choice. I've come to be of the opinion its better to save barrel life on a good hunting rig for hunting rather than eat it up playing with every new bullet that hits the market.

I'd go with whatever one you can find brass and/or ammo for. Will the RPM be around in 10 years?
Got about 7 full boxs of 270 weatherby lgs has 3 boxs more. Have shot 7 mag for a very long time lots of once to three times shot brass, primers and powders but friend has a six lug in 6.5 rpm and I really like the feel of the rig. Also want to shoot 140 and under to reduce recoil! Old man syndrome!