.264 Win mag or 270 Weatherby mag. or 6.5 rpm ?

Well I want to make sure my that everything is done the best it can be! The accuracy should be on me then, and not the rifle assembler. Thoughts?

If you're only going to site it in and use it two or three times a year hunting, then a factory rifle is more than adequate in my opinion.

What is your definition of "accurate"?

How far do you plan on shooting at animals? What species?

Factory ammo or handloads?

Honestly if you want to site it in and not actually shoot it often then you won't know the accuracy potential of either a factory or custom rifle. If you just want to hit the "center" of the target at 100 yards a couple times and go hunting, then a Savage or Ruger American would be fine.

If you're only going to site it in and use it two or three times a year hunting, then a factory rifle is more than adequate in my opinion.

Honestly if you want to site it in and not actually shoot it often then you won't know the accuracy potential of either a factory or custom rifle. If you just want to hit the "center" of the target at 100 yards a couple times and go hunting, then a Savage or Ruger American would be fine.
Life is too short to hunt with an ugly rifle. Sometimes a guy just wants what he wants. Sounds like tribb may not want a Savage or Ruger.

Life is too short to hunt with an ugly rifle. Sometimes a guy just wants what he wants. Sounds like tribb may not want a Savage or Ruger.

Sounds like he doesn't know what he wants or he wouldn't be here asking for opinions. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, many custom rifles are flat out stupid ugly.

Well I want to make sure my that everything is done the best it can be! The accuracy should be on me then, and not the rifle assembler. Thoughts?

How accurate are looking for? I had a Mark V 7 Wea nine lug that would put five Nosler Balistic Tips in an inch at 100yds. Believe it or not, it would put five of my Corbin home made bullets into half That!

I have a Mark V six lug now that puts five Hammers into 3/4" or under whenever I take it to the range.

Ok you asked! Im looking to shoot at least in the point three range with my handloads at 10q0 yds. I plan to use this rifle as my go-to gun for al my whitetail and antelope hunting. I will not be shooting animals over 600 yards. I will also use it in some "local" shall we say interesting target matches. There will occasionally be a "see if you can hit that" xxxxxxx target challenge to be dealt with as well. An acquaintance of mine does have a 1000 yard plus range that I can access for long range fun.ps it won't be ugly to me! Especially if it shoots in the two category. And I just really enjoy accurate rifles!! Merry Christmas
How accurate are looking for? I had a Mark V 7 Wea nine lug that would put five Nosler Balistic Tips in an inch at 100yds. Believe it or not, it would put five of my Corbin home made bullets into half That!

I have a Mark V six lug now that puts five Hammers into 3/4" or under whenever I take it to the range.
That's good

Last edited:
Good for you Tribb. I know where your coming from. I like accurate rifles my self, and I have rifles that some people ask why. I have a Aztek Arms 300Rem Ultra Mag set up for shooting 2500yds I don't have no place to shoot that distance, and probably never will, I don't care. But its a hell of a lot of fun to shoot. Most accurate rifle I have and have ever seen. You build what ever you want, that makes you happy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's. 👍👏🎅

My vote is the RPM. I built mine on a 700 action with a Proof carbon barrel 26", 1:8 twist. JCS stock with a Razor LHT 4.5-22. With the suppressor and ammo, it weighs 10.25 lbs. I'm running 156 Bergers at 3080 on a brand new barrel. I'm pretty sure you will have to go 300 PRC or bigger to get more energy. Oh, it's a 1/2 MOA gun.

Good for you Tribb. I know where your coming from. I like accurate rifles my self, and I have rifles that some people ask why. I have a Aztek Arms 300Rem Ultra Mag set up for shooting 2500yds I don't have no place to shoot that distance, and probably never will, I don't care. But its a hell of a lot of fun to shoot. Most accurate rifle I have and have ever seen. You build what ever you want, that makes you happy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's. 👍👏🎅
There is satisfaction in building your own rifle , go for it and make it personalized. You can't go wrong on any of those choices .Good Luck and Merry Christmas

Really? Why give a shxx ,op wants what he wants, most here are ok with that,oh, i see your from Mr. mom state California

Hey he came here asking for opinions since he doesn't know what he wants. Not my fault you don't like hearing them.

Do you have anything constructive to add for the OP or just more nonsense?

Yup, I'm born and raised in California. I'll take the mountains and a great variety of hunting over the cornfields of Kansas any day.

Ok you asked! Im looking to shoot at least in the point three range with my handloads at 10q0 yds. I plan to use this rifle as my go-to gun for al my whitetail and antelope hunting. I will not be shooting animals over 600 yards. I will also use it in some "local" shall we say interesting target matches. There will occasionally be a "see if you can hit that" xxxxxxx target challenge to be dealt with as well. An acquaintance of mine does have a 1000 yard plus range that I can access for long range fun.ps it won't be ugly to me! Especially if it shoots in the two category. And I just really enjoy accurate rifles!! Merry Christmas
That's good

Well see, that's what makes these questions difficult to answer because now you tossed in the occasional target match. Which in that case none of those cartridges would be anyone's first choice.

You're looking for a unicorn rifle.

Sounds like he doesn't know what he wants or he wouldn't be here asking for opinions. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, many custom rifles are flat out stupid ugly.
There is satisfaction in building your own rifle , go for it and make it personalized. You can't go wrong on any of those choices .Good Luck and Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas to you