264 win mag load suggestions

fisherman983

deer season is just around the corner and i need to get myself a load worked up for my new 264 win mag....the rifle is a rem 700 cdl sf 26" bbl...im looking for bullet and powder suggestions as the rifle wears a huskemaw scope. i was leaning towards either the 130 gr accubond and or berger or the 140 berger. all suggestios welcome. i have 500 pcs of win same lot brass and will either use cci mag or win mag primers.

130 berger vlds with h-4831 62 grs. fed 215gm primer. mv=3200fps. this load shoots real well in my 700 sendero. its a warm load. start low and work up.

I have the same gun, my favorite load is 140 Berger .010 off the lands, WW case, 215M primers and 68.5 gr of Retumbo. Pressure is okay in my rifle but you should start low and work up. Shoots 3200 fps in my gun.

Last edited:
You mean to tell me you ain't got that thing going yet??? :D I just bought a 6.5x284 before I came up for survey and am going to run the 140 Hunting VLD Bergers. Hope the back is healing, take care bud and good shootin'

Terry

no terry, i havnt had a chance, and i have 2 264's...been shooting my other one and killed a couple bears and several deer with it, its just my every day gun and its a win mod 70 wearing a burris 4.5-14....i just havnt had time with to play with my long range one yet, i still only have 8 rnds down the barrel still working on breakin it in. back is healing slowly just trying hard to follow doctors orders....on a side note, i heard some good info on using h4350 and or imr4350, anyone using that powder with 140 vld's?

Good to hear Alex. Get well bud. I've heard good things also about H4350 and H4831 for these 6.5's. Unfortunately no first hand experience. I get home on the 3rd of July and finally get to shoot my new one. Bought it 2 days before I flew up. Needless to say, midway is seeing some business lately, with dies, mounts, brass, and such.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.