.264 Win Mag load data.

RJH - Colorado

I have been on this site many times before via web searches and have read several threads on this very subject. I have finally signed up and am seeking some info.

I have a Win. Model 70, post 64 that I have recently had re-barreled and now wears a Lilja 26". I am currently mounting a Zeiss 6.5-20x50 with the Rapid Z 1000 reticle on this rig as well.

I am wanting to use it primarily for antelope and deer out to 600yds or possibly even beyond (depending upon MY skills of course) and I have been trying to get 130gr Accubonds or Sciroccos to shoot into 1/2 MOA or better. I have tried mostly RL 22 thus far with OK results. Has anyone had good results with this bullet selection with other powders gun)gun)gun)or have any other options or ideas that may work well for me. Any input is welcome

Give Retumbo a try. I am pretty new to the .264 myself and I am still in development of it with the 140bergers but the Retumbo powder has been the best for me so far. There are a pile of threads on this website about this caliber. Just keep going from page to page reading all of them and you will get plenty of info on it. It really helped me a lot.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.