.264 Win Mag: Any downside with starting with a bone-stock Rem Sendero?

Always loved the 264wm but the 284wm with 180s at 3000 makes it hard to argue with for an all around rifle. I actually never thought I'd own a 284 since the 300 was available. But since they came out with rl26 and 175 elites and 180vlds I've changed my tune.
Still might get a 264 just to have the whole family!

There was a time when buying a Sendero meant getting an accurate rifle - but that ws years ago. Today, it is a crap shoot. If accuracy is what you want, then buy a used action and spin on a custom barrel. You can do this for little more than the same as the cost of a new Sendero. Least expensive route would be a Savage action and a pre-fit barrel. Next step up would be a Tikka action (my favorite) with a shoulder pre-fit barrel. Just about any stock will do for the short term and still get you an accurate rifle. you can later upgrade the stock as money permits. Your focus needs to be on the barrel and the scope.

Always loved the 264wm but the 284wm with 180s at 3000 makes it hard to argue with for an all around rifle. I actually never thought I'd own a 284 since the 300 was available. But since they came out with rl26 and 175 elites and 180vlds I've changed my tune.
Still might get a 264 just to have the whole family!
284WM?

Is that the 7-.300WM?
Or 7RM?

I had a stock 264 Mag Sendero and it was a fantastic shooter, it was death on antelope. Just don't shoot them in the shoulders, it will blow up some meat!