.264 Win loads

just purchased a sendero in .264 and love it. My first loads that i worked up were 64 gr. of h1000 cci mag primers seated to 3.343" Still seems like i can push it faster if i would like but really have no need to. velocity was at 3022 with an ES of 18fps over 8 shots. accuracy was around .35" using 140 amax.

Last fall I traded by hunting buddy out of a rifle that he had built that hand less than 40 rounds shot through it. it is a Rem 700 action with a Shilen CM 27 3/4" #4 barrel. I have been working up a load to use on deer this fall. The load that I have decided on is this.
66.5 grs Retumbo, CCI 250 primer, WW case reformed from 7mm Rem mag, 130 Nosler Accubond ten thousands off the lands. Average 3350 fps and will shoot groups in the 4's at 100 yards. I don't have a longer range to try it on right now.
Retumbo seems to really work with this caliber. I really got some good groups with the 120 gr Nosler ballistic tip but it was pushing them 3600 fps and that is way too fast to use on deer where I will probably get some shots as close as 100 yards or so as well as long range. The bullet would evaporate on the hair at that speed.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.