264 mag vs 6.5x284

I'd love to buy an off the shelf 11LRH but I no one seems to have any. I'll keep looking as that would be the best solution. Gun Broker has none. Buds has none. All of my local shops don't have any. I'm not sure if it's a Savage production problem or if they are all getting bought up too quick. I can find plenty of 12F rifles but they are beasts to hunt with.

There are other models out there. I'm not saying you have to buy a 11LRH. Just saying that is ideal. Another option would be to look at the Law Enforcement line of rifles, 116's, 111's non LRH, and Mod 10's. They would all work. Just get something to get you through.

Savage Arms Firearms > 16 FHSAK
Savage Arms Firearms > 116 FHSAK

Savage Arms Firearms > 111 FCNS

These would get you through in any of the calibers. Some of them already have the bolt head necessary for caliber you want. Thought I would throw them out there.

Tank

I tried searching for this but nothing was coming up. I think there may be something wrong with the way I'm searching.
Anyway, I was dead set on the 6.5 but then someone mentioned that I would get the same bullet availability and better ballistics with the .264.
Any opinions???
go on up 6.5 stw

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts