260 Savage Striker

How about a Holland Game Getter. It is a hunting scope
2.5-15 power scope (SFP)
Great reticle, zero stop, excellent glass for the money.
h2845wMl.jpg

J5FGOoal.jpg

The original Remington XP-100
IG25PQwl.jpg

Jim Borden makes a clone XP-100 action (Alpine)
6.5-284 at 575 yards (6.5-284 with 140 AB's)
2N8D5T0l.jpg

You can use stocks that are made for the original XP-100 with these two actions.

You can also take any non-designated clone Remington actions and do the same (preferably a single-shot action), or you could get a single-shot follower.
Jim Rockwell is making center-grip stocks for 700 SA actions.
700 SA (non-designated) 6.5-Creed
4Y8OIbgl.jpg

You would need to either lengthen one of the original XP trigger linkages or buy one from Dell Taylor...Similar to a Jewel trigger.

Or you can take any of the actions above (non-designated for non XP-100 actions), and you can do a rear grip specialty pistol. Jim Rockwell makes rear-grip stocks for both XP-100, XP-100R, and 700 SA actions. With a rear-grip you can use any regular trigger that would work with a 700 action.
OUrGyJEl.jpg

I've been looking for awhile for one of these & finally found one, a 516. Came with a 2-6x Bushnell. I took it out & ran some handloads that I'd already had worked up for another 260 rifle. Hornady 129sp over H4350. I was surprised when I didn't even have to adjust the scope for the load at 50 & 100yds. I was impressed to say the least as it shot a 1.1" 4 shot group at 100 & a bug hole group at 50 with no load work up. I'm not sure where I should be but the velocity was 2540' with an ES of 24. Recoil was pretty mild & I didn't even turn the brake on. I'm wanting to a winter project to accurize this & probably upgrade the optics. This will be a steel banger & Wisconsin bean field pistol. I'm looking for suggestions on optics & the best way to accurize, bedding, maybe even reconfiguring the stock if needed, trigger work or replacement ect. This is my first hunting pistol so those with more experience, your knowledge & input will be much appreciated. Thanks Gents! Kevin
As a Savage, it is rather easy to switch out barrels. I ordered several different short action calibers from McGowen Precision in Kalispell, MT. for mine. They make Striker contour replacements in your choice of caliber, twist rates, and barrel length. I have 22-250 9" twist 17" long, 243 Win, 260AI, and 7M-08:) Enjoy!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.