• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

260 Remington Rifle

Marine24

Decided my first project for 2020 is to fill the void and purchase/build a 260 Remington rifle. While I have a couple 6.5CMs, I like the 260 Rem as well.

Wish list for the rifle is a 20" varmint/Sendero contour barrel, hunting style stock with raised comb, picatinny rail for a bipod. Tikka T3i CTR or Remington 700 Magul models would be good candidates but open to other suggestions.

Looking forward to see what folks have to offer.

Mike

I'm thinking of selling this one.... Tikka CTR 20" barrel. Boyd's at-one stock in pepper laminate.

Pictures?

IMG_20200101_192915.jpg IMG_20200101_193004.jpg IMG_20200101_193037.jpg IMG_20200101_193021.jpg IMG_20200101_192945.jpg

About 10 yrs ago I sent a Rem 660 action to Long Rifles Inc They worked the action put on a Brux 23" BBL , Bedded it in a H S Precision stock . Shot good enough that I never loaded for it. I'll take a grand for it plus shipping and ins. send me a phone number to text pics to if interested.

No Coopers or even Desert Tech SRS? Although not sure how DT's would work in the timber.

GA Precision has their Jeb rifles series on Model 7 actions, but they are proud of those rifles. My earlier 260 Rem was built off of a Model 7 that I modified with an X-caliber barrel and HS Precision stock. Nothing fancy but it could shoot.

I also reached out to Short Action Custom on any ideas they may have. They have a SAC Tikka 243 in a Manners PRS1 stock that should work nicely. If the stock will work in some of the crazy PRS stages, it might serve my purpose as well.

About 10 yrs ago I sent a Rem 660 action to Long Rifles Inc They worked the action put on a Brux 23" BBL , Bedded it in a H S Precision stock . Shot good enough that I never loaded for it. I'll take a grand for it plus shipping and ins. send me a phone number to text pics to if interested.
I might be interested if the OP isn't. PM me. I'd like to see some pics.

Last edited:
Appreciate everyone's help on this. Since I had some specific specs, most of the offers I received would have involved swapping the barrel and stock. Opted to go with a SAC Tikka 260 Rem.

Recent Posts