260 Remington drop in magazine kit? what size mag box?

23ELKHUNTER

The 243/308 one takes a round at 2.810" thats what I would use

The Credmore one I haven't seen, but my guess is that it the same mag remarked, if it is shorter it wouldn't fit properly in the triggerguard housing, but like I say I haven't seen it so might be wrong

We sell and fit some of them, first thing you want to do is cut the mag catch down to a nib, otherwise it catches things and drops the mag.

Heres some more stuff not really relevant

We have found the 243/308 is good with WSM rounds, as it gives very light assembly that centrefeed wsm with no inletting required.

The 223 one is a bit junky unfortunately, we found after a few hundred rounds the lips wear or widen and it releases the round before it gets near the chamber resulting in a bit of a train crash

Pic below of a 7mm RM with 270/30-06 legacy may shortened to take 5 rounds of belted

15hgfa.jpg
15hgfa.jpg

Last edited:
The 243/308 one takes a round at 2.810" thats what I would use

The Credmore one I haven't seen, but my guess is that it the same mag remarked, if it is shorter it wouldn't fit properly in the triggerguard housing, but like I say I haven't seen it so might be wrong

We sell and fit some of them, first thing you want to do is cut the mag catch down to a nib, otherwise it catches things and drops the mag.

Heres some more stuff not really relevant

We have found the 243/308 is good with WSM rounds, as it gives very light assembly that centrefeed wsm with no inletting required.

The 223 one is a bit junky unfortunately, we found after a few hundred rounds the lips wear or widen and it releases the round before it gets near the chamber resulting in a bit of a train crash

Pic below of a 7mm RM with 270/30-06 legacy may shortened to take 5 rounds of belted

15hgfa.jpg
15hgfa.jpg
What kind do you sell? And how much? Yes I agree I need to go with .243/308

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.