260 Rem match reamer??????????

david.bergen

I would like to order a 260 Rem match reamer.
confused.gif

Can somebody give me some suggestions on throat length and neck dia and other important sizes.

I want to accomplish following goals.

cartridge overall length 2.800 with 123 Scenar bullet.

Base brass is Lapua both 243 and 308
With the 243 brass I want a minimum no turn neck. When I neck down the 308 brass it is going to be thicker and then I want to be able to neck turn the brass for perfect fit. So I have a match chamber an can neck turn if I want to.

If anybody has done this please give me some advise, all info is welcome
Good shooting
David

I don't have any PT & G reamers to compare, but I do like the cutting edge that Dave Manson puts on his reamers. Can't hurt to give him a call. He either has or can grind the reamer you want.

Should make a fine cartridge, good luck. Tom

A standard 260R reamer will do all you want but just check with your reamer manf to ensure they are not throating for a 160gr RN (why would they? But it is out there).

Keep the neck thickness to 15thou and you will have a few thou clearance. I strongly suggest against a 1 to 1.5 thou clearance chamber in a gun that is going to be in the field.

Having a bit more room for the case to expand will have ZERO affect on accuracy.

Having a bit of moisture on your case stop your case from expanding - more excitement then you could possible want.

Jerry

Call David at PTG and just tell him what you're after.

Friendly
Impeccable character
Awesome quality
Very knowledgeable
Dependable

You can't go wrong. I've been a very loyal customer for 8 years now and never had an issue once that didn't get resolved quickly and professionally.

Good luck.

C

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.