260 rem case stretching

kcfx65

i'm new here and i've been reading alot lately about the 260 rem and considering having one built on a 700 action.it will mostly be used for some whitetail hunting and target shooting in the 300-600yd range.i am interested in the 260 ai version for the extra velocity and low case stretching benefits,and possibly shooting at 1000yds. as i gain experience with wind drift,drop, etc.. if i go with the standard 260,how much case stretching and trimming can i expect vs. going with the 260 ai ? i have not yet seen any discussion yet on this topic,any recommendations would be greatly appreciated ,thanx

I would probably just stay with the standard 260, or go Creedmoor for a "better" case shape. It is kind of an AI and will sit a short action a bit better. Stretching isn't too bad in any case, but if you want a few extra fps, go AI.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.