260 Hunting Loads???

muleythumper

I have settled on the 260 Rem. for my new rifle. Probably going with the Savage LRH. Does anybody have a factory load recomendation, as I am not a hand loader. Your advice would be appreciated. Oh, I am going to be using it primarily as a whitetail/muley rifle, with the possibility for an elk at some point. Thanks.

I hand load for two different 260 Rifles that are used to take deer. I am loading two different bullets to do that job, one is the 130 Nosler Accubond, and the other is 120 Barnes TTSX. The Accubond did a great job on deer last year at just under 200 yards, so if I were looking for a factory load that would do a good job on whitetails an even an elk I would look for a factory load using those bullets. Look on the Midway web site and you will find that Nosler loads that bullet in their Custom ammo.

I also like the Barnes TTSX bullet that I have loaded to take on this years hunt. Midway sells that 120 TTSX bullet loaded by CorBon. By the way they offer other good ammo made for the 260 Rem.. I just happen to like these two bullets.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.