26 Nosler with 140gr Berger bullet Help

bigbulls

I have been working on a load for my new 26 Nosler and have been using 140gr accubond and waiting for the 142gr ablr to come out, but it may not make it in time for hunting season, so I'am looking at the 140gr vld hunting bullet as it has better b.c then the accubond and the vld has some great preformance in the killing fields. I can't find any load data for this bullet. Would it be close to the same as what I have came up with for the 140gr accubond? Or are there some on here that have some info on this bullet/26 nosler combo. Thanks for any help.

It all depends on COAL.

or more specifically available case capacity. The amount of bullet down the neck on the 26-Nosler and variants can be significantly different for different bullets. This is true for pretty much all case designs.

Being so large, the 26 Nosler probably won't go overboard on pressure when changing from one ~140 gran to another if you are not at max.

I haven't chambered a rifle in pure 26-Nosler yet, all mine are wildcats but pretty much across the board, each grain of increase of powder or reduction in available case capacity is going to raise the pressure about 2k PSI.

If you give me more information, I can provide a sanity check against my data. Just an added safety point for load development.
Bullet:
Power:
Charge:
Barrel Length:

Thanks Len
I'am using 88.3gr USA 869 (no preasure signs) and getting 3275fps 140gr Accubond, Are you getting more fps because the bullet is not seated as deep in the case as the accubond?

Accubond .8620" base to ogive
VLD Hunting .7305" base to ogive.

Thanks Len
I'am using 88.3gr USA 869 (no preasure signs) and getting 3275fps 140gr Accubond, Are you getting more fps because the bullet is not seated as deep in the case as the accubond?

Accubond .8620" base to ogive
VLD Hunting .7305" base to ogive.

I'm getting 3363 fps with 140 VLDs at .070 off the lands with 79 grains of Retumbo.

Attachments

• IMG_1784.JPG
    IMG_1784.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 301
I'm getting 3363 fps with 140 VLDs at .070 off the lands with 79 grains of Retumbo.

That's just terrible. You really need to send that rifle to me for some load developement:D:D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.