26 Nosler Sucess Stories & Load Development

burnt my first custom barrel 26 up in 500 rds from running 100gr stuff 4k, rebarreled it run nothing but 124 hammers in it now at 3525 fps, it will bang a 10 in plate at 1000 yds all day long! Drops whitetails like lighting, only shoot it 20 or 30rds a year now, should last awhile.

I get 3450 with 127 LRX and retumbo. Was getting 3600-3650 with 120 E-tips when first starting load development.

Just a word of caution ... I sent some 127 LRX down the pipe at 3550 FPS ... TWICE... and the Nosler brass was done ... the primer pockets wouldn't hold any primers ... and here in Canada they're selling for $120 for a box of 25 ...something to consider when you're chasing velocity

3550 is smoking. 3450 is as high as i wanted to go. So far have gotten 4x reloadings with Nosler brass. I only put 15-20 rounds downrange each year so cost is minimal. Its a hunting rifle for me. My goal with the 26 is to get scorcher of a hunting round that is very consistent then stop and milk the barrel for multiple years. Plenty of other rifles to punch steel and targets.

Hello, first time asking anything. I have a 26 Nosler in the carbon Barreled Christensen arms Ridgeline that I cannot get to shoot under 2.5 inches at 100 yards for anything using every different load Nosler puts out. Haven't tried any hand loads yet but I expected better results than this from Nosler and Christensen arms. I have scoped the barrel and found significant machine marks I think, it looks like railroad tracks in the barrel. I'm not that familiar with what a barrel that is too bad to try to JB them out orncontact Christensen and send it back to see what they would do. They guarantee 1MOA or better at 100 yards. any help from some more experienced shooter?

What bullets have you shot through it? I have two 26 noslers. first barrel had horrible issues with accuracy with the first one. 135 bergers 12" at 100 yards. 147 elds were ok, but not good. Nosler factory ammo was consistent 2MOA or larger. ER shaw barrel. I called ER shaw and complained etc, but didnt really want to pay to ship back a $250 barrel. So i kept messing with it. 120 nosler Etip handloads were pretty good. 127 LRX over retumbo and all of a sudden had great rifle. 0.5-.75 MOA 3450 fps very low SDs. dead moose at 700 yds, dead mulie at 700 yds, dead rocks out to 950 or 1000. Same barrel, did nothing to it.

Bought another savage and rebarreled it with an X-caliber in stainless 26 nosler. Am 30 or so rounds in already shooting sub MOA. What did i do different? Went straight to retumbo and 127 LRX. I would not waste time with cup and core bullets. I know some people have got them to shoot well, but I have not. Load is mid 70s gr of retumbo, 215 federal primers and 127 LRX. If that doesnt show some promise after adjusting seating depth, send back barrel. But, i would be suprised if it doesnt do better than the factory ammo.

I always get a kick out of the ""man its such a barrel eater"" simply the worst comment ever considering the barrels are made too be taken off and replaced. I've built several and they are ridiculously accurate .. 127 LRX is bad SUM B as well as the 156 berger and 140 accubond ...haven't had much for troubles with them as far getting them too shoot or great accuracy.
Yeah, Someone always has to bring up "barrel burner" referring several of the cartridges that's mentioned on this forum. The fellows running top fuel dragsters don't worry about tire life. The guys running Honda Accords do expect long tire life. Go figure.