26 nosler rl-33 proof research lightweight buz word

600 yds
Cold bore 143 eldx 90 rl33 and follow up on left 4" group
Let cool 15 min 140 vld 90rl33 on right. Came down 1 click also

I'm happy have to have realistic expectations with a gun this light and so violent
These were shot off javelin bipod and my ******* left rear bag in garage. Used a sleeping bag

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 162
3.5" between first 2 shots with ELD. On side note I pulled swivel stud out of rear of manners stock. Lightweight fill does not give much to grab On to. The lower model elite hunter stocks don't have backup aluminum in rear stud apparently. I dremeled out and bedded in a flush cup and installed geovetec adapter. All good now. Think I have the perfect sheep hunting rifle now. I prepped all brass some had primer pockets that were a little easier to seat maybe 3-4 no doubt the ones that I really went over on. But the rest were all good. Should last me a longtime just hunting 20-50 rounds per yr.

Great topic guys, Its hard to find good info on the 26. I just built two of them and need to start some load development, I recently purchased some RL-33 thinking it would be a good match for the 26. Thanks for taking the time to post the info.

That should be no problem think mine is in the 6 range wo scope
With more recoil from 28 folder added weight might be good idea ?

Still can't figure out how these are not lighter. The kimber is like 5.5lbs. I'm building a ultra light with everything ti and getting discouraged as I'm adding up weight. The manners is a few ounces lighter than the chassis style but I'm wondering if I could trim weight off of others. I'm also using a proof

Your right can't have it all. I think of a kimber style action, Huntng style slim stock, 10penny nail barrel, Yea 5 lbs. vs. a gun you can shoot long range more comfortably with. Like what you and I built vertical grip style stock. High comb , Cheek rest heavier barrel, magnum bolt face. Just well worth the extra lb to have some of the features of a long range rifle. Not to say someone can't shoot a kimber just as far just easier for me to control one like ours.

great topic guys, tagging in cuz i have one and its not dialed in like i want it. its a 3/4 minute gun now but i know it can be better.

26 NOS on a defiance deviant hunter, manners carbon eh-1 , proof 26" barrel , vais brake, nxs 5-22x56 on nightforce rings.

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 131
What loads have you tried ? Is it bedded in the chassis ? Is barrel floated enough ?

great topic guys, tagging in cuz i have one and its not dialed in like i want it. its a 3/4 minute gun now but i know it can be better.

26 NOS on a defiance deviant hunter, manners carbon eh-1 , proof 26" barrel , vais brake, nxs 5-22x56 on nightforce rings.

That is a mean looking gun!

What loads have you tried ? Is it bedded in the chassis ? Is barrel floated enough ?

ive tried quite a bit, 4350gvt, 7828sc, 50bmg, us869.....got it narrowed down to two loads, 88.5 us869 and 82.5 rl-33. im messing with some seating depths now to dial it in. i was getting 3290 with 88.5 us869 but wasnt a cloverleaf like i want. iwas 3/4 moa. havent shot many of the rl-33, but i wanna try this load @ 90gr to see what happens.

i bedded it into the chassis, and the barrel is fully floated .

Just finished working up loads for the 26 Noslers I just built. Blueprinted REMINGTON action cut .015 over to true, Badger ordinance recoil lug, 30" Bartlein 5r 1:8.5 barrel, I Cerakoted the action, barrel and floor plate. Boyds tactical stock I painted and Cerakote clear coated. Leupold VX6 3-18x50mm. Shoots great with 140 gr. Hornady ELD Match bullets seated .025 off rifling's, RL-33/87.7gr. and CCI BR-2 primer. Chronograph-ed at an average of 3425 and shot a .4 at 100 yds. I think im going to love this rifle.

Attachments

• 26 NOSLER finished.jpg
    26 NOSLER finished.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 115
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts