26 nosler rl-33 proof research lightweight buz word

tdean

Got my sheep gun ready to go.
26 nosler
Stiller predator
Manners carbon fiber
Proof sendero lite 24"
Weight is in the low 8lb scoped

Started breaking in with rl-33 couldn't find allot of info on this combo so thought I would post my results so far

New nosler brass
F-215
140 vld hunting

80 rl-33 2900fps
84 rl-33 3050fps
86 rl-33 3200 fps

No pressure signs will update in a few days when wind dies down have
90gr+ loads ready to go

Pic

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    285 KB · Views: 269
Doing something very similar

defiance deviant
proof research sendero lite 24"
28 nosler
manners carbon stock

Cant decide what to go with, EH1 or the EH1 folder.

Hoping for sub 8 lbs with no scope

That should be no problem think mine is in the 6 range wo scope
With more recoil from 28 folder added weight might be good idea ?

90 rl-33 3350 fps
91 rl-33 3390 fps slight ejector
92 rl-33 3450 fps good ejector Mark no stiff bolt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 321
I'm pretty happy with that with a 24" bbl
Will try 143 eldx with 89 and 90 grs
Then maybe some n570

Thank you for posting your results, please keep us updated with your eld-x testing.

Made an educated guess on n570. Needed more education.
88gr n570 140 vld 3500 fps good ejector Mark too hot.
86 gr n570 140 vld 3450 fps still too hot
84 gr n570 140 vld 3400 seems to be as hot as would want to go

Didn't shoot that well , because rifle was jumping off front rest
Why did I built this thing so lite ?? Ha. Going to try again with holding onto with left hand

I guess I would say n570 showed a little more speed than rl-33 but not much and could just be not comparing apples to apples from a pressure standpoint.

US869 should be right there for speed as well. Your rl33 loads are pretty stout. Makes for one heck of a flat shooting rifle. I am pushing the 142 LRAB 3250fps, sure straightens out the wind drift compared to my 6.5-284.

Yes very stout will be interesting to see how many loose primer pockets I have when I work the brass in a few more rounds. I agree us869 would be ideal but I am concerned about temperature sensitivity (just based on what I have read ) never tested. Going to try moving the vlds and eldx in closer to lands and see how that does. I held on to the rifle today with my left hand and it really seemed to help me control the recoil and shrunk groups a little. I'm getting anywhere from half to 3/4 Moa 2 shot groups. Very consistent second shot is always low and left of first with different combinations.

Eldx seem to shoot better on the lands
90 rl-33 3390 fps. Cci 250s seem to be better as well. Wonder if I can repeat it ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 239
Cool rifle, great thread. want to follow along.

I'll pass along that RL33 has consistently tested out to .87 FPS/deg in my 338 RUM shooting a 300 grain bullet. Very different setup, but I would be curious to see what temp sensitivity you get with RL33.

Thanks !! May throw some in the cooler if I can repeat. It's everything I wanted so far. Wanted eldx due to toughness. Wanted 3350+. So far so good, hopefully just a few more rounds then prove out at the 600yd range, build turret label , and save that barrel for something with hair.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.