26 nosler rl-33 proof research lightweight buz word

That is impressive. It seems like allot of guys are going to the br2 over the 250 for better ES.

That is impressive. It seems like allot of guys are going to the br2 over the 250 for better ES.
I know I'm bringing back an old thread but.....
Are you still using BR2 primers?

My barrel will be here next week. I have more than 8 lb of RL33.
Nosler's suggested start load is 75gr. That is a LONG way from 87.7gr.
Does anyone think that 75gr is way too light of a load of RL33 to start ???

Also how's barrel life/ throat erosion so far?

I tried the cci 200 primer with rl33 after reading the above posts- I had hangfires with both shots I tried. Got the click-boom from both so I gave up right there and pulled the last round I had loaded. The cci200 would be very close or identical to the cci br2 primer.

Thought so.
I plan on trying GM215M, F215 or CCI250 first.
Hopefully RL33 will work well with 140 vld or 143eldx.
Can you suggest a starting load for rl33?
I've done a lot of research and the reloading manuals are all over the place for starting loads and most guys' accuracy loads are 10 to 13 grains higher than starting loads. I'd like to save on barrel life if I could.
Would 78 gr be a starting point?

78gr is near max in my rifle (80gr gave best accuracy but has ejector swipe on case heads and 4-5 loads and the primer pockets are toast) the loads that others say they use would lock my 26 up tight! At 81gr I would be using a hammer to open the bolt with the 129lrab or 127 LRX. I would start down by 74-75 with a 140gr

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.