26-06 Browning what could I turn it into?

Man enough to admit I was wrong and apologize. Full of surprises arent we? Does that mean I lose my man bun now?
Just refer to your manbun as your analog wind meter.

Those Dwyers are actually a great piece of kit and lightweight to put in a side pocket of tac pants or shooting bag.

Battery free matches aren't as popular as they used to be but they sure are fun.

upload_2019-3-10_21-1-40.png

https://www.forestry-suppliers.com/product_pages/products.php?mi=64791&itemnum=89001&redir=Y

Man buns are right up there with nose rings and "European men's shoulder bags" as items that really blur the gender lines. ("Not that there's anything wrong with that.";o)

But man buns are even worse B/C they are SO pretentious - and look so ridiculous.

OK, I think "thread drift" has got too far now.
On the 25/06 Browning that "won't shoot". Make it into a 300 PRC with 5R rifling and a 1:9 twist. Find a very good gunsmith and make the chamber with minimum SAAMI dimensions and square the bolt/receiver. I think it will shoot then.

Eric B.

My first wind meter was a Dwyer. It was a useful tool.
I'd stick with 25 cal in that Browning and get a barrel ordered from Blackjack tomorrow! I need you guys to get busy with testing this new bullet so I can figure out what I want to build!

Are you interested in trying light bullets? I have an x-bolt gold medal medallion in 25-06 that won't go under 1" unless I drop down to 100 gr. bullets. My last three kills with this rifle were mule deer between 200 and 275 yards. One DRT, one took one jump, and one dropped in the front quarters and pushed about 5 yards. I'm torn between this off-the-shelf factory rifle and a custom 6.5-06 built on a Mauser '98 action, 26" barrel, and a beautiful fiddleback walnut stock. I never know which one to grab for a hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.