257 Weatherby Reloading Boo Boo

How old were the original boxes you started with compared to the new ones you bought?

Picture of the ammo I bought when got the rifle, ammo from 2011 and the new unprimed brass I got at Cabelas a couple weeks ago. Cases are same weight even after fired and trimmed.
weatherby box compare.jpg

How old were the original boxes you started with compared to the new ones you bought?

Picture of the ammo I bought when got the rifle, ammo from 2011 and the new unprimed brass I got at Cabelas a couple
weeks ago. Cases are same weight even after fired and trimmed.View attachment 221613
Yep there you go it's probably not the same brass I've had that same problem myself the difference between the 257 ammo and the 270 Weatherby ammo new by factory !! big difference! 270 wbyTtsx ammo nastiest burningl powder ever! Looked like cleaning out black powder reaidueTalked to weatherby no help said no report of problems with that lot of ammo. They did say it's now loaded in house.Other select plus ammo burns clean! Mystery!

Yep there you go it's probably not the same brass I've had that same problem myself the difference between the 257 ammo and the 270 Weatherby ammo new by factory !! big difference! 270 wbyTtsx ammo nastiest burningl powder ever! Looked like cleaning out black powder reaidueTalked to weatherby no help said no report of problems with that lot of ammo. They did say it's now loaded in house.Other select plus ammo burns clean! Mystery!
My 257 ammo is the same box's as you first bought!

Still not definitive on why the OP's cases from new factory ammo are heavier than the other factory ammo he bought. He said new rifle to him so I'm assuming less than a year old so he must have bought some ammo within that time.

Worked up a sweet handload though....Fed215GM primers, 100 grain TTSX and 71 grains of IMR 7828 shoots awesome! and then found out the second can was empty. No 7828 locally so went to 71 grains of RL-22, same hole!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.