257 WBY Accumark Load

JRS3

Guys,
I have a WBY Accumark in .257 and it looks pretty promising but I am looking for better. So far, I have played around with 100 gr TTSXs and it shoots multiple loads into. 75-.85 groups at 100the yards. I could settle on these but I really want it to shoot 1/2". Is this un reasonable to expect with TTSXs, TSXs, or NABs? Those three bullets are my choices but does anyone have a good load that has proven consistent in their Accumark?

Thanks,

John gun)

ive got two 257s ones a rem cdl and the other a vanguard. The cdl does its best with sierra 100 flat based prohunters and the vanguard does its best with the boat tailed version. Contrary to what some will tell you they work great on deer sized animals. Ive probably taken at least a 100 deer over the years with those two bullets out of the 257s and everyone of them has made it to the table.

by the way ive used the 100tsx and so has my buddy in his and weve spent more time tracking animals wht that bullet in the 257s and the 25-06 then probably all the others combined. tsx bullets work well in larger calibers like the 30s but they can pensil through a deer with very little damage out of a small bore like a 24 or 25.

Here's a 4 shot group at 300 yards with the 115 grain TSX out of .257 WBY.

257WBY300yard.jpg

JRS3

I shoot 2 Wthrby's in .257 a Lazermark and an Ultralwght. I shoo the 115 Bal-Tip over H-1000 full house in the the Ultralwght or 120 Speer Hot-Core if you can find them over IMR-4831 and 100gr spitzer in the Lazermark with Rl-22. They got the 115 Bal-Tip jacket right for that caliber.

Nothing took more than 1 or 2 steps to go right down most just drop. Get to 400 if I can and kill 'em. I really like my Utlw with the 115's best.

No I haven't tried anything else...I don't see the need to.

I don't shoot the TTXS's in anything smaller than my 7mm-08's. That cartridge is whole other thread...but I really like the way they kill 'em also.

Thanks for the help. What about Accubonds? That is really the bullet I want to shoot.

I'm loading the 110 accubonds in my girlfriend's 257 Wby vanguard. 75 gr H-1000 @3350 fps with sub 1/2" groups at 100 yards. She punched a whitetail last year at 400 yards through the shoulders and it fell in its tracks.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.