.257 stw @ 3863 FPS

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Skeeter,

Glad she is working better for you, the big 257 can be a little ****y at times, does not like cases with alot of firings on them as they work harden relatively quickly from this large volume of powder in the small bore.

Good to hear you got the problem figured out and solved.

Good Shooting!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

I was having hard bolt pull back [not lift] and round shiney spot on end of case.I was thinking that i was having sings of high pressure and need to back off the suger a little.But Kirby Allen is the MAN that know his ****.
He told me that i need to use virgin brass or one fired brass for this type of pressure check and he was right. I tried the same 81.0g of RL25 and set back the bullet a little more than i had it and after 5 or 6 rounds iam getting the same FPS and there a very light round spot on the back of my brass and its not shiney.I feel safe with this load. Its about 85 degrees out side and the hard bolt pull back was from my brass needing to be annealed.I got that info. for Kirby too.
THANKS SKEETER

does anyone on this site shoot a 6mmx.270wsm? Just wondering would be a good fast whitetail round in 85 gr barnes tsx.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.