.257 Roberts. Who can ream it to an AI?

Have you tried contacting any of these ... https://www.gunsmithusa.com/alabama.html
I have very little faith in Smiths around here! I grew up with a master restorer and I would have to go to their shop and watch for weeks.... I have a friend who is an amazingly talented Luthier, Roll Royce expert and man for all seasons who I would trust more and may actually call. He's built rifles before. Jim Kobe in Minnesota is who I have used in the past and is great but not sure he is still at it.

I have very little faith in Smiths around here! I grew up with a master restorer and I would have to go to their shop and watch for weeks.... I have a friend who is an amazingly talented Luthier, Roll Royce expert and man for all seasons who I would trust more and may actually call. He's built rifles before. Jim Kobe in Minnesota is who I have used in the past and is great but not sure he is still at it.
So how far are you willing to travel? Are you willing to ship your rifle?

4D Reamer Rentals has a Gunsmith list on their website, give them a call for a reference. You could also give Gordy's Precision in Florida a call. One thing you might find is that some smiths may be reluctant to set back and chamber a used barrel depending on round count on it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.