.257 eldx length ?

den

does any body have the length of the .257 110 eldx bullet or the recommended twist rate , thanks

The ELDX is normally longer than most bullets, even though I'm not sure about what length the 110 Is? I would look closely before making the jump because it MAY be better with a 9?

I think it is going to come down to the plastic tip length in the stability calculator a whole lot of 25 caliber bullets are considered unstable in 10 twist without a plastic tip length included I am looking for the oal of these to see what the calculator gives for an sg, my rifle shoots the bergers that have been changed to 9 twist very well but I have been reading that they may perform poor on game because of the low stability

Hi Gents
Surely this bullet just has to work in a ten twist? It would be commercial madness for a mass produced .25cal bullet to not work in standard twist. Indeed are there any Rifles made in .25 with a nine twist without going custom?
I would like to try this Bullet when it reaches here so here's hoping.
Brit.

well I finally bought a box of these 1.219 base to tip is what I measure them at also they say 10 twist on the box I am going to load some in the 250 savage I will probably shoot some through some water jugs at different ranges to see if they stay on course through the jugs and how they hold up close in

well I finally bought a box of these 1.219 base to tip is what I measure them at also they say 10 twist on the box I am going to load some in the 250 savage I will probably shoot some through some water jugs at different ranges to see if they stay on course through the jugs and how they hold up close in

Just came across your post..... any results on how your 250 Savage 1/10 barrel did with these bullets?

no not yet just went with the known reliable 100 nos bt for now still going to try them when time permits

no not yet just went with the known reliable 100 nos bt for now still going to try them when time permits

In my custom 24" barreled Pre 64 M70 in 257 Roberts (long action) I tested OAL and got a .783" 100 yd group with it seated .080" off the lands using Hybrid 100V, getting 2918 fps. In the Kimber 84M (short action were an OAL of 2.839" just cleared the mag) I got .863" and .816", 3-shot groups using Hybrid 100V hitting 3029 and 3068 fps.

Alan Griffith...reviving an old discussion here.... as I revisit old threads. Question for you regarding your 257 Roberts experience. What twist does your pre-64 .257 Rob have?
Background:
I have my own .257 reloading experiment going on and I'm getting indications barrel twist required to stabilize these .257 ELD-X bullets requires quite a bit more twist than what Hornady puts on the box (e.g. 1:10). Using the Berger twist/stability calculator (https://bergerbullets.com/twist-rate-calculator/) even a 1:9 is marginally stable. The Berger calculator requires at least a 8.5 twist (vs the 1:10 on the box) to even come close to marginal stability. Curious what experiences are out there regarding Hornady's twist rate requirements on the box vs real life experience. Seems Berger and my anecdotal experience would disagree with big H.

Maybe some wiggle room on the Berger calculator. With a 1:10 barrel and MV of 3000 fps, density altitude all the way up to ~4000' Berger doesn't think these are stable. Maybe your experience means I have hope. I really want these to work.
1675463453931.png
1675463453931.png