.257 DGR...pics

G

Here is a look at my .257 DGR built by Duane Spooner in North Dakota. It is a .260 Remington necked to .257 with a 35 degree shoulder. Built on a M700 SA, trued and lapped with a 27" Douglas air gauged barrel, McMillan M40A1 w/thumbwheel CP, all coated in Birdsong's Black and Green "T". Tuned factory trigger to 2#. Farrell 20 MOA Bases, Badger rings and NF NXS 3.5-15x50. Will do 3800 fps with a 75 gr VMAX and 3200fps with a 100 gr Nosler BT.
Hey Dave--When are we going hunting????
DSC01555.JPG

DSC01558.JPG

[ 08-12-2003: Message edited by: Chris Jamison ]

I shot it before the coating and McMillan--Haven't been to the line with it since it returned--I think 600 will be about max for this one as it is twisted 1:12" and made for the light stuff....

Chris,
Nice looking rifle, interested to hear how you like the adjustable cheekpiece on the HTG. You are going the tactical stock route in fine style.
Where in ND is the builder from?
(What in heck happened to your grass, it looks some kind of wierd GREEN, ours is pretty much a blend of browns and yellows this year...).

Ian--
I really lke the thumbwheel CP on the HTG.
I decided to switch all my rifles over to HTG's or A3's, whatever works better for its intended use.
Thanks for the info on the movers--haven't had time to investigate, as we have been swamped at work.
Here is the lonk to Duane's website... http://www.duanesguns.com/aboutus.htm

Now that's a fine long arm, Chris. Especially so since it's a quarterbore!
grin.gif

Just when I thought my 25/06 was done, you go and post a pic of an HTG w/ an adjustable CP....

Guess I know where my HTG is headed shortly after goat season!

BTW, got a hair up one weekend and stripped & refinished mine in a black urethane. Looks good and has officially been christened "Dark Shadow". Topped it w/ a Weaver 4.5x14 Tactical, 1st plane mildot. Scope is working very well.

Good luck w/ the new bang stick.

Holmes--
You'll like the Adj. CP It really helps on the 50mm NXS. I have one on my A3 stocked .300 RUM also....

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.