257 Build?

You know I'm always on my best behavior
LOL.gif

Decided on the 25 Creedmoor now just trying to decide whether to get small rifle or large rifle primer brass?
You can surely use LRP cases but, they won't last very long, unless you're going to use velocities in the 2800-2700fps and under range.

As this isn't a SAAMI cartridge, it is a high pressure round, that performs best with quality SRP brass. With the 131 Black Jack at 2950fps avg. in a 26" barrel, it's money!

Traditional .257 caliber bullets, also work very well with the 1/7 twist 25 Creedmoor as well.

You get any hang fires with SRP cases in cold weather? Been reading about that issue being a problem in 22 Creedmoor...

You get any hang fires with SRP cases in cold weather? Been reading about that issue being a problem in 22 Creedmoor...
I do not. Using CCI-BR4, FED GM205M and FED AR-Match, with a 41.9gr load of H4350.

As a side note: H4350 is not the bestest powder but, it works. RL16, SW4350, Hybrid 100 V, (ie; a touch slower burn) performed as well or better. I just have kegs of H4350 on hand.

You get any hang fires with SRP cases in cold weather? Been reading about this being a problem in 22 Creedmoor with SRP cases...
The SRP cases do pose a problem for some primer/powder combinations. Read of a guy in Minnesota having failures to fire with 22 Creedmoor SRP brass. He had to stop using them and switch to LRP cases. So it can be a problem.

Here's what Peterson brass company states on their website, about their cases with small rifle primers (SRP): https://www.petersoncartridge.com/m...ings/260-remington-srp-brass-cartridge-cases/

"However, SRP are not recommended for shooting in extreme cold or hot temperatures. And Small Rifle Primer Brass sometimes requires the firing pin on your gun to be bushed. This depends on your rifle and your bolt. If that is not done, you risk getting pierced primers. For more information on bushing your firing please watch this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CDJKLp7BsI."