257 Build?

For best barrel life, good performance, brass that'll last forever, I think a 25prc with adg/Lapua brass would be best. 160 freebore to keep bearing surface in the neck when ran 35k off lands(this seating depth has shot the most consistent in 4 different chambers with 131 aces). The magnum case head, loaded to say 3080-3100fps feom a 24-26" barrel will be in a middle node and be low pressure.
The 25sst looks the best on paper, 71gr powder, short coal, run easily in 2.95" action, adg brass, but unproven results for me so far.
My saum was a ripper running 3220-3250fps w/ rl26. This load wasn't that hot either, but Prairie dog towns got the best of me and I got it a bit TOO hot on more than one occasion.

Please post when you get this up and running...oh and I might have to buy your reamer if I break down...LOL!
I will, Mike at hells canyon is ALMOST done. Kelbly atlas tactical LA, TT diamond, Hawkins M5 oberndorf, cfe12 box, 28" hells canyon 7.75tw barrel, SRS ti brake, jcs composites adjustable tactical stock. Should be a screamer! I won't sell the reamer but I'd rent it to your smith for a small fee!

I'm planning on building a 25 wssm with some extra freebore for the new Berger's & a 17" barrel. It might not be practical but I think it would be pretty cool. Nice and light and capable of reaching out there a little

I will, Mike at hells canyon is ALMOST done. Kelbly atlas tactical LA, TT diamond, Hawkins M5 oberndorf, cfe12 box, 28" hells canyon 7.75tw barrel, SRS ti brake, jcs composites adjustable tactical stock. Should be a screamer! I won't sell the reamer but I'd rent it to your smith for a small fee!
Please keep us posted. Is yours going to be the 257 Blackbird chambering?

Decided on the 25 Creedmoor now just trying to decide whether to get small rifle or large rifle primer brass?

Decided on the 25 Creedmoor now just trying to decide whether to get small rifle or large rifle primer brass?
I like small. The peterson brass is good stuff. If alpha does ocd it'll prob be the best option. I use lapua SRP necked down to 25 in another rifle and it's arguably the best, but spendy and pita having to size down.

A 25 Gibbs would round out my Gibbs collection. I have a 240 Gibbs and a 6.5 Gibbs. As you can tell, I tend toward the smaller calibers with my shoulder problems.
The 240 gibbs you mentioned caught my attention. I'm going to be shooting a 6mm prc in a month or so. I'm sure that 240 gibbs will have a good couple hundred fps advantage on my rig. Gotta be lightning fast!

Kind of related, Anyone know any gunsmiths currently chambering the 25-284 for the larger bullets? I know blackjack sells reamers but interested if a known smith is already set up, thanks.