.257 75 gr. Vmax bullets

IMR 4831 gave me ok results - probably an inch or so at 100 yards, maybe a little better. I think it was a little on the slow side though. Definitely verify with a loading manual, but if I recall correctly, Varget was listed by Hornady as a powder for that bullet.

I shot some Sierra 75 gr HPs in my 25-06 with Sierra's manual Suggested Accuracy load which was also there Suggested Hunting load which was 49 grs. IMR 4064 and it ran around 3600 fps and was pretty accurate. Rem cases and CCI BR2 primers is what I also used. I settled on this load for my varmint load. Sierra 87 gr SP, 52.2 grs IMR4350, Rem case, CCI 250 mag primer, OAL 3.150, average 3300 fps. Bug hole accurate and red mist and scatters pieces on a ground hog.

52.5 grains of RL-15 is what I use gives me 3750fps and half inch groups at 200 yards . I shoot them out of my 26 inch heavy barrell Savage.I use a fed 210 primer.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.