.256 Newton Brass

I'm pretty sure that's going to be near impossible to find new .256 Newton brass. However, all is not lost. You would be best served (not to mention significantly cheaper) to make your own .256 Newton brass from necking-down new .270 Winchester brass. They're very close, the Newton just requires necking it down to 6.5mm, and setting the shoulder back using the proper .256 Newton full-length sizing die, and then trimming the cases to 2.450".

cd256newton.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's going to be near impossible to find new .256 Newton brass. However, all is not lost. You would be best served (not to mention significantly cheaper) to make your own .256 Newton brass from necking-down new .270 Winchester brass. They're very close, the Newton just requires necking it down to 6.5mm, and setting the shoulder back using the proper .256 Newton full-length sizing die, and then trimming the cases to 2.450".

View attachment 98800
Thanks Muddrunner! I'll pass it on!

If you can find a trim die, it may make the job easier. You can also run 25-06 cases through the die and trim to length as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.